The District Employment Exchange focuses on the employmentblity of inhabitants of Nabarangpur District. Being tribal infested, this district has challenges on education and awareness but the District Employment Office works hard to implement the governemtn scmes and programmes through activities such as employment mission, Nijukti Mela and other such awareness works. At present, it sponsored names of deserving candidates to PIA (Project Implementation Agency) of Odisha State Development Authority(OSDA) to impart them placement linked training. The objective and Activites of the DIstrict Employment Exchange are as follows
- Employment Assistant to Job seekers.
- Collection of Employment Information.
- Vocational Guidance.
- Self Employment through Employment Mission.
- Name Registration of Job seekers.
- Submission to different Employers or Employment.
- Collection of Employment Market Information from Employer.
- Organization of Atma Nijukti Para Marsha Mela for self Employment.
- Pre-Recruitment training camp for entry of Oriya boys in Defense & Pare Military Forces.
- Skill up gradation training under State Employment Mission.
VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE UNIT
The Vacancies advertised in news paper, Employment News and advertisement received from Director of Employment, Orissa, Bhubaneswar, Army, Navy and Air-Forces are regularly been displayed on the office Notice Board for information of job seekers. Regarding recruitment rally in the Army, Navy and Air-Forces and others, the advertisement are sent to all the Block-Development Officers in the districts for wide publicity at Panchayat level to create awareness among the youths.
The Government has been pleased to constitute the District level committee for implementation of self Employment Programmers at the District level Office.